My two weeks back in Singapore have been most productive. Other than giving the light and fan switches a new look, I also worked on an Ikea lampshade that’s looking a little tired and dull.
The original plan was to stick the Japanese print paper (again! But the theme really works!) onto the silver rings that go around the lampshade.
So I measured the thickness of those rings and it struck me that the flower prints will not show well because the rings are too thin. Then I remembered that I bought this sheet of adhesive black velvet from Daiso too and decided to use that 😀
Okay… Something’s not right. It looks way too bare for the look I had in mind. Decided to check out the black lace that my SIL mentioned she has. ……………………………Nope. Doesn’t work.
Too thick. Looks weird.
THINK. thINK! Think….. THINKTHINKTHINK! Thinking thinking THINK ThiNk thINK THInk!!!!
GOT IT!!! 😀
Inspired by the Japanese floral patterns, I cut a bunch of petals from the black velvet and arranged them a little… HEART! 🙂
Stuck them onto the lampshade… Hmmmmm. Something’s definitely still missing!
THINK SOME MORE!
ThiNk. thINK! Think….. THINKTHINKTHINK! Thinking thinking THINK ThiNk thINK THInk!!!!
YEH!!! 😀 The floral patterns from the Japanese craft paper!
After an hour or so…..
This is definitely going to one of my favourite projects! 😀