When we heard that Nadia had finished reciting the Qur’an, we wanted to give her something to mark the occasion.
The question is WHAT?
Scrounging around my boxes of materials I came up with these:
Let’s get started!
1) Cut and join the sleeves to form the headband.
2) Hand sew the stainless steel hook and ear set onto the ends of the headband. This will allow the wearer to adjust the circumference of the headband for a comfortable fit.
3) Make the bloom: Cut felt circles of differing sizes and colours and stack them on top of one another. I also included stripey circles cut from the sleeves for variety. Pin the pieces with a bobby pin to stop them from shifting around.
4) Pin bloom to band. Put the band on to confirm positioning of the bloom.
5) Attach bloom to band. You can use hot glue gun but I prefer to sew mine on for permanence! 🙂 I also added a funky antique silver finished button to complete the look.
6) Finally, the finishing touches. I am a firm believer that packaging is as important as the gift it houses. So I dug into my treasure trove again and found these babies 😀
7) Voilà! It’s done and waiting for it’s owner! 🙂
Gave Nadia the gift when she came for tea with her mom and she wore it right away!
A very happy domestic goddess signing off 😀